SUPPORTING NEW & INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN MANITOBA
The Innovation Fund supports organizations who are looking to advance new and innovative energy efficiency opportunities in the Manitoba market. We provide funding for pilot projects and partnerships to reduce common adoption barriers to emerging energy-efficient technologies and strategies that can save electricity or natural gas.
Eligible projects can receive funding of up to 75% of the project cost to a maximum of $250,000. We offer two funding streams:
TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION STREAM
- Intended to evaluate the effectiveness of a new technology in the Manitoba context
- For technology developers and product manufacturers ready for field testing or demonstration
MARKET CAPACITY STREAM
- Intended to reduce market barriers and improve understanding of energy-efficient technologies
- For product distributors, trade allies, customer groups, and market support services
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE
READ THE PROGRAM GUIDE
The Innovation Fund program guide has all the information you need to see how your project might fit into one of the funding streams. Make sure you read it carefully before moving on to the next step.
SUBMIT AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Once you’ve reviewed the program guide, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), through which you’ll provide a high-level overview of your project. We’ll evaluate your submission to determine your project’s suitability for the Innovation Fund, and we’ll let you know within 10 business days if you qualify to submit a detailed application.
SUBMIT A DETAILED APPLICATION
If your EOI shows that your project is suitable for the Innovation Fund, you’ll be invited to submit a detailed application. Our team will review and score your application based on several criteria including energy impact, market potential, and degree of innovation.
SIGN THE CONTRACT & START THE PROJECT
If your application is successful, we’ll send you a funding contract. You can start work on your project once the contract is signed.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Your technology or strategy must reduce the use of electricity or natural gas in Manitoba.
- Your energy-efficient technology or strategy must be replicable to numerous customers in Manitoba.
- Your organization must have a physical presence or be registered as a legal entity within Manitoba.
- Your organization must be a corporate, non-profit, or community organization, including municipalities and Indigenous communities.
- The proposed project must incorporate aspects of innovation, including efficiency, cost effectiveness, and commercial acceptability of the new energy-efficient solution.
- The project must advance a technology or solution in the residential, Indigenous, commercial, industrial, or agricultural market.
Have you read the Innovation Fund program guide and you’re ready to get started?
If you have any questions about the Innovation Fund, send us an email.