COMMERCIAL DEEP ENERGY RETROFIT PROGRAM
INCENTIVES FOR MAJOR RENOVATION PROJECTS
We offer incentives to help you undertake major energy efficiency renovations to your commercial building, helping you save energy, money, and the environment.
Incentives are available for major renovation projects that will reduce your site energy use by 20% or more from the pre-renovation baseline energy use. You can:
- save energy;
- reduce your operating costs;
- improve your building’s comfort and reliability;
- increase your property value and occupancy rates; and
- reduce your environmental impact.
UP TO $12,000 FOR ENERGY MODELLING
Optimize your energy efficiency renovation with energy modelling. Energy modelling can help identify and evaluate energy-efficient opportunities by simulating how each system and measure will interact.
RECEIVE $2.25 TO $6.00 PER SQUARE FOOT FOR ACHEIVED ENERGY SAVINGS
Reduce your site’s energy use by 20% or more from the baseline energy use and receive an incentive of $2.25 to $6.00 per square foot. Your incentive amount is determined by measuring the final as-built energy model energy consumption against the pre-renovation baseline. The total incentive per square foot for the achieved energy saving reductions is calculated as follows:
|REDUCED ANNUAL BUILDING ENERGY CONSUMPTION||PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE FACTOR ($/SQUARE FOOT)|
DOES MY PROJECT QUALIFY?
- Your commercial building or multi-unit residential buildings (MURB) with moderate to high energy consumption has the potential to reduce energy usage by 20% or more, and having the means to undertake a large renovation project.
- You’re prepared to undertake a major renovation to significantly reduce your building’s annual energy consumption in all conditioned or semi-conditioned year-round occupied spaces with a headroom height of 7.5 feet or greater.
- Your project includes a minimum of two significant energy-saving measures from at least two core categories as outlined in the program guide, where no single measure contributes to more than 75% of the overall anticipated energy savings for the project.
- Your renovation project has not yet started on-site work prior to us approving your application.
- Your building is being heated primarily by electricity or natural gas.
Refer to the Commercial Deep Energy Retrofit program guide for more details.
Steps to Participate
SUBMIT AN APPLICATIONComplete your Commercial Deep Energy Retrofit application form and send it to us by email. Applications can be submitted by the building owner or by a consultant/contractor on behalf of the building owner. After our team has reviewed your application, we may contact you to schedule a meeting to further discuss your project details. Once approved, we’ll send you an email outlining the next steps.
SUBMIT YOUR DELIVERABLES
Once your project is approved, engage your preferred energy modeller who is registered with Efficiency Manitoba to complete and send us your Phase 1 deliverables as outlined in the program guide. We’ll review your documents and follow up with questions or comments if necessary.
GET YOUR INCENTIVE
As your team continues to work through the phases of the program and submits the necessary deliverables for each phase, we’ll continue to provide regular feedback. We’ll pay out your incentives upon the completion of each phase.