EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Our Innovation Fund supports new and innovative energy-efficient technologies and approaches in the Manitoba market. It provides funding for near-term pilot projects and partnerships to reduce common barriers to emerging energy-efficient technologies and strategies and looks ahead to efficiency opportunities that can contribute to meeting our electricity and natural gas savings targets in future years.
The objectives of the Innovation Fund are to:
- prove technologies and approaches within the Manitoba context;
- support the development of electricity and natural gas saving technologies and approaches so they can be incorporated into future efficiency programs;
- foster economic development through capacity building and local project delivery; and
- enable participation by Indigenous organizations and support the development of projects that address the unique needs and context of Indigenous Manitobans.
- Technology demonstration projects
- Market building projects to accelerate the adoption of a proven energy-saving technology
- Manitoba-based corporate, non-profit, or community organizations, including Indigenous communities
- Up to 75% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $250,000
- Projects must be completed within 36 months of signing a funding agreement
- Read the Innovation Fund program guide.
- Complete the Expression of Interest form (below).
- Submit a detailed application.
The Expression of Interest isn’t meant to be a detailed project application, but rather an overview of your potential project so we can further discuss how it may fit within the purpose of the Innovation Fund. We’ll contact you within 10 business days after receiving your Expression of Interest.