Windows and Doors Rebate
REBATES ON ENERGY STAR® CERTIFIED WINDOWS & DOORS FOR YOUR HOME
Get a $50 rebate on each eligible window and door you install in your home and save money on your monthly energy bills.
SELECT ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED
WINDOWS WITH AT LEAST TRIPLE PANE GLASS
SELECT ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED
DOORS WITH AT LEAST TRIPLE PANE GLASS
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
CHECK THAT YOUR PRODUCTS QUALIFY
Your windows and doors must be ENERGY STAR certified and at least triple pane (where applicable). You can find qualifying ENERGY STAR certified products on the Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) product lists linked below. When searching the lists, be sure to add a filter to only include products with at least three layers of glazing (where applicable).
BUY & INSTALL ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS
Rebates are available for eligible windows and doors that are new and purchased in Canada from a supplier, contractor, or retailer. Make sure you install your products before applying for a rebate.
APPLY FOR YOUR REBATE
Fill out our online application form and attach your supporting invoice to apply for your rebate. Make sure you apply within 90 days of the final invoice date for your new windows and/or doors. You can also contact us for a paper application.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Your windows and doors must be ENERGY STAR certified and have at least triple pane glass (where applicable).
- You purchased and installed your products on or after October 1, 2021.
- Your products are being installed in your or your tenant’s primary residence (commercial and seasonal properties aren’t eligible).
- Windows and doors must replace existing windows and doors between an unheated space (e.g. outdoors) and a heated space.
- Rebates are based on the number of qualifying openings in which windows or doors were replaced. Each opening is counted as one window and/or door. For example, a bay window, which may be made up of several window sections, is counted as one qualifying opening.
- A total of 20 windows and/or doors can be rebated at one property over the lifetime of the Windows and Doors Rebate.
PRODUCTS THAT AREN’T ELIGIBLE
- Garages, sunrooms, porches, and verandas
- Unoccupied homes
- Apartments, vacation rentals, and outbuildings – Apartment buildings may be eligible for window and door rebates through our Building Envelope Program.
- Seasonal homes, cottages, and cottage conversions
- Windows or doors installed in new openings (i.e. not replacing existing windows and/or doors)
For a complete list of eligibility criteria, read the terms and conditions.
EVEN MORE HELP IS AVAILABLE
If you’re interested in financing your windows and doors, you can apply for Manitoba Hydro’s Home Energy Efficiency Loan in addition to receiving a rebate from Efficiency Manitoba. Be sure to apply for financing before you start any work, including purchasing products.
You could be eligible for window and door rebates through both the Federal Greener Homes Program and Efficiency Manitoba. As a Federal Greener Homes program participant, you wouldn’t need to have a post-audit completed to apply for our Windows and Doors Rebate.