DISCOVER WHAT MANITOBA HAS TO OFFER THIS SEASON
We always advocate for taking time to explore our province. Whether that’s going for a hike in a provincial park or going on a daily walk through your community, time spent outdoors is great for mental health and overall wellbeing. Better yet, it’s a great opportunity to unplug and reduce your energy use at home. It also happens to be the season where there’s an abundance of outdoor events and attractions throughout Manitoba.
We’ve listed some options below but be sure to check for events happening in your area.
- 1st Annual Clearwater Lake Trout Challenge in The Pas: calling all fishing enthusiasts, this two-day fishing derby is a team-based, barbless tournament with prizes for the top ten teams. Join for a weekend on beautiful Clearwater Lake and try to get the best catch of the derby!
- Visit The Leaf: One of Winnipeg’s newest attractions, The Leaf is an indoor horticultural attraction with four biomes for you to explore. While the biomes are indoors, you’ll feel like you’re exploring a topical oasis! They also host Sustainability Tours and have six distinct outdoor gardens that span close to 30 acres, so you’ll have no problems getting your time outdoors.
- Morden Corn & Apple Festival: Manitoba’s largest street festival is a fun-filled family event with shows, rides, games, and of course, corn and apples!
- Farmers markets: There’s no shortage of them throughout Manitoba on any given weekend, but summer is when they really start to pick up. Farmers markets not only support our farmers in Manitoba, but by choosing locally-grown produce, you’re also supporting a healthy environment. Here are a handful that’ll be open regularly throughout the season:
- Attend a street festival or block party in your community: Many neighbourhoods host free events with music, food, and activities throughout the summer months. Check with your local neighbourhood renewal corporations, community centres, or Business Improvement Zones (BIZ) to see what events are happening in your area.
It would be impossible to list all the Manitoba events happening throughout our province over the spring and summer seasons, but there are numerous resources to help you plan. Check them out below.