Métis Energy Efficiency Offers
Lower your energy bills and make your home more comfortable by getting free or subsidized energy efficient upgrades. Efficiency Manitoba is partnering with the Manitoba Métis Federation to help raise awareness of these offers and help lower energy bills for income qualifying Manitobans.
This program helps if you
- Are a homeowner with limited income and want energy efficient upgrades but aren’t sure where to start.
- Are renting a home and have a limited income, we can work with your landlord to have energy efficient upgrade to the house you’re living in.
Free Home Energy Check-up
Get a free in-home assessment to find ways to save energy.
Available for your attic, walls, and basement. Installation included.
FOR QUALIFYING AREA BASED ON YOUR HOME ENERGY CHECK-UP
FREE NATURAL GAS FURNACE UPGRADE
When replacing either a standard-efficiency or mid-efficiency furnace. Installed by a registered contractor.
Natural Gas Boiler Upgrade
Install a high-efficiency natural gas boiler and get a $5,000 rebate.
WHEN UPGRADING FROM A STANDARD EFFICIENCY BOILER
Free Energy Saving Devices
LEDs, energy-efficient showerheads and aerators, air-sealing products, and other energy saving items.
3 SIMPLE STEPS
Get in touch with us or the MMF’s Energy Efficiency Advocate firstname.lastname@example.org or 431-668-3454 to apply. You’re required to provide income verification documents unless you’ve participated in HELP or the FTHPP. Once approved, we’ll set up a free home energy check-up to identify all the eligible upgrades in your home to help you save energy.
Start saving immediately with free installation of energy saving devices and get your home heating system and insulation levels assessed for potential upgrades. If your home qualifies for a heating system upgrade or an insulation upgrade, our team of professionals will help coordinate everything and connect you with our registered contractors to complete the recommended energy efficiency upgrades.
There’s no need for any upfront payment. The cost of our energy efficiency upgrades are entirely covered through the program and our partnership with MMF. Now it’s time to lower energy bills, enjoy the energy savings, and a more comfortable home.
Do you Qualify?
- Homeowner or tenant in a single or semi-detached home;
- Live in the home year-round;
- Have been approved or participated in the Manitoba Métis Federation’s Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP); or
- Have been approved or participated in the Manitoba Métis Federation’s First Time Home Purchase Program (FTHPP); or
- Have a total household income (before) deductions that meets or falls within the income thresholds listed below.
|Number of people
|1 to 5 people
|7 or more people