COMMUNITY RINK LIGHTING INITIATIVE
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Community Rink Lighting Initiative is a new limited-time initiative aiming to help communities throughout the province reduce their energy bills and operating costs. Through this initiative, up to $2 million in funding will be provided to ice rink facilities in Manitoba undergoing energy-efficient lighting upgrades. Eligible projects will receive up to 100% of reasonable lighting equipment and associated labour costs.
From September 1 to December 1, 2023, Efficiency Manitoba will be accepting Expressions of Interest from eligible applicants. Submissions will be reviewed and funding will be allocated to a variety of projects with the intent of supporting urban, rural, remote, and First Nation communities throughout Manitoba. Approved projects will be administered through the Business Lighting Program with enhanced incentives from this initiative.
- Facilities with an interior ice surface pursuing an energy-efficient lighting retrofit.
- Expression of Interest forms can be completed by the building owner, a designated representative (staff or board member), or a supplier on the building owner’s behalf.
- Up to 100% of reasonable lighting equipment and associated labour costs.
- Read the Business Lighting Program guide to ensure your proposed lighting equipment meet our eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and attach your project quote (below).
- Wait for approval from Efficiency Manitoba.
- Submit a Business Lighting Program application.
The Expression of Interest isn’t meant to be a detailed project application, but rather an overview of your potential project so we can determine eligibility for the Community Rink Lighting Initiative. We’ll contact you within five business days after receiving your Expression of Interest.