CONSIDERING A HOME UPGRADE?
WORK WITH THE RIGHT PARTNERS
Are you ready to get started on that home project you’ve been thinking about? A contractor can provide qualified assistance and guidance on Efficiency Manitoba programs to help you save energy, money, and the environment.
To ensure the job’s done right, it’s worth doing some planning and research to stay on budget and get the results you want.
Here’s a checklist to get you started:
- Before you start any project, see if we’re currently offering rebates to help with the upgrade cost.
- Check out our online supplier directory to find contractors who are registered to deliver our programs.
- Get quotes from at least three contractors.
- When you decide on a contractor, ask for a written contract.
- Read the fine print and never sign an incomplete contract.
- Keep in mind that estimates often have a 10% contingency, meaning the final cost can be as much as 10% more than the estimate.
Before you sign the contract, follow these three steps:
- Read it carefully to make sure all the details are included.
- Review the fine print and terms and conditions.
- Make sure that both you and your contractor initial any changes to the work.
And finally, here are some tips to help you find a contractor:
- Go to our website to find a list of registered Efficiency Manitoba suppliers.
- Ask friends and family.
- Search online (look for good reviews).
- Check out the Better Business Bureau listings online.