New Homes Program
We’ll help you build a Certified Energy Efficient new home, with two ways to participate:
- Do it yourself or hire a builder
- Incorporate ten energy saving upgrades in your project
- Receive official certification for your project from Efficiency Manitoba
- Your new home will be about 20% more energy efficient than comparable new homes
$1,500 – $12,000 Rebate
- Design assistance and detailed energy modelling provided
- Select any upgrades, materials, or equipment you want to include in your project
- Receive an official EnerGuide label and home energy report from Natural Resources Canada
- Enjoy bigger rebates (up to $12,000!)
3 Simple Steps To Participate
CHOOSE YOUR PATH
Choose a participation option that fits your project and goals. Or, contact us so we can recommend the path that will best fit your project.
DESIGN YOUR PROJECT
With assistance from an energy modeler (if you choose the Performance Path) or your contractor (on the Prescriptive Path), design your new energy efficient home! Be sure to send us your Application Form and your design drawings before significant work starts on the project.
GET A REBATE
When your home is complete, we’ll provide an in-home evaluation and third party air tightness testing free of charge. You’ll receive official certification and your rebate shortly after our visit.
Your Home Qualifies If
- It’s a residential occupancy home or building
- It has a maximum of 3 storeys, with a footprint no larger than 600m2
- It’s a new construction project, not an addition or renovation
- It will use electricity or natural gas from Manitoba Hydro
- You contact us or apply before work starts
Get Cash Back
Homes certified under the New Homes Program are automatically eligible for a partial mortgage insurance premium refund from Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and Sagen.
- Prescriptive Path: 15% premium refund
- Performance Path: 15 to 25% premium refund
Builders who commit to meeting minimum Certified Energy Efficient standards on all their new homes can apply for status as an Efficiency Manitoba Preferred Builder.
The following organizations are registered as Preferred Builders with Efficiency Manitoba’s New Homes Program:
- New Generation Homes
- Northwood Constructors
- Phillips Landel Custom homes Ltd
- Progressive Real Estate
- Sun Certified Builders Cooperative Ltd
For more information on becoming a Preferred Builder, contact us.
Builders who have successfully built at least three Certified Energy Efficient new homes can apply for status as an Efficiency Manitoba Participating Builder.
The following organizations are registered as Participating Builders with Efficiency Manitoba’s New Homes Program:
- 21st Century Builders
- Broadview Homes
- Dueck Builders Ltd
- Foxridge Homes
- Green Key Builders Inc.
- Hollyhock Construction Ltd
For more information on becoming a Participating Builder, contact us.