New Homes Program
We’ll help you build a Certified Energy Efficient new home, with two ways to participate:
- Do it yourself or hire a builder
- Incorporate 10 energy-saving upgrades in your project
- Receive official certification for your project from Efficiency Manitoba
- Enjoy the savings – your new home will be about 20% more energy efficient than comparable new homes
$1,500 to $12,000 Rebate
- Get design assistance and detailed energy modelling
- Select any upgrades, materials, or equipment you want to include in your project
- Receive an official EnerGuide label and home energy report from Natural Resources Canada
- Enjoy bigger rebates (up to $12,000!)
Building a new home on a budget? Check out our Individual Upgrades Path.
Steps To Participate
CHOOSE YOUR PATH
Choose a participation path (Performance or Prescriptive) that fits your project and goals. If you need help choosing the right path for your project, send us an email.
DESIGN YOUR PROJECT
With assistance from an energy modeler (Performance Path) or your contractor (Prescriptive Path), design your new energy-efficient home! Send us your application form and design drawings before you start significant work on your project.
GET A REBATE
When your home is complete, we’ll conduct a free in-home evaluation and third-party airtightness test. You’ll receive your rebate and official certification shortly after our visit.
DOES YOUR PROJECT QUALIFY?
- It’s a residential occupancy home or building.
- It has a maximum of three storeys, with a footprint no larger than 600 square metres.
- It’s a new construction project (not an addition or renovation).
- It will use electricity or natural gas supplied by Manitoba Hydro.
- You contact us or apply before work starts.
Get Cash Back
Homes that are Certified Energy Efficient through the New Homes Program are automatically eligible for a partial mortgage insurance premium refund from Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and Sagen.
- Prescriptive Path: 15% premium refund
- Performance Path: 15 to 25% premium refund
Builders who commit to meeting minimum Certified Energy Efficient standards on all their new homes can apply for status as an Efficiency Manitoba Preferred Builder.
The following organizations are registered as Preferred Builders with our New Homes Program:
- New Generation Homes
- Northwood Constructors
- Phillips Landel Custom homes Ltd
- Progressive Real Estate
- Sun Certified Builders Cooperative Ltd
For more information on becoming a Preferred Builder, contact us.
Builders who have successfully built at least three Certified Energy Efficient new homes can apply for status as an Efficiency Manitoba Participating Builder.
The following organizations are registered as Participating Builders with our New Homes Program:
- 21st Century Builders
- Broadview Homes
- Dueck Builders Ltd
- Foxridge Homes
- Green Key Builders Inc.
- Hollyhock Construction Ltd