Appliance Recycling Program
RECYCLE. GET A REBATE. FEEL GREAT.
The Appliance Recycling Program offers in-home pick-up of your old working fridge and/or freezer, and we’ll give you a $30 rebate for each one you recycle. Not only will you save money on your energy bills, but you will feel good knowing your appliance is being recycled responsibly.
APPLIANCES WE ACCEPT
We accept up to three working full-sized fridges and/or freezers per household, and we’ll give you $30 for each qualifying fridge and/or freezer we pick up.
When you recycle an eligible full-sized fridge and/or freezer, we can also take your working dehumidifier, window air conditioner, undersized (bar-sized) fridge, and/or undersized freezer. These appliances aren’t eligible for a rebate, but we’ll take them and recycle them for you for free!
Our trusted service provider, PureSphera Recovery and Recycling will pick up your appliance and make sure it’s recycled in an environmentally-friendly way.
Find out if your appliance qualifies below
DO YOU AND YOUR APPLIANCE QUALIFY?
- You’re a homeowner in Manitoba.
- You’re over the age of 18 and own the appliance being recycled.
- Your appliance is in a residential single-family property or non-shared entrance condo (seasonal properties, apartments, and businesses don’t qualify).
- Your fridge/freezer is at least 20 years old and 10 cubic feet or larger.
- Your appliance is in working condition and capable of cooling (removing an appliance that no longer works doesn’t result in any energy savings, which is the intent of the program).
- Your appliance is free of mould and completely defrosted.
- Your appliance is in its original location and plugged in at the time of pick-up.