Ground Source Heat Pump Program
Upgrade your business to an energy-efficient heating system
Ground source heat pumps are environmentally friendly, efficient, and economical. They can reduce your current electric heating costs by up to 60%, and they protect you from the impacts of future heating costs.
We offer incentives to make your upgrade easier and more affordable.
See the Program Guide for more information.
System installation incentive
The incentive is based on a prescriptive structure
It’s calculated as being the lesser of
- $2.50 per sq. ft. heated by a geothermal heat pump system; OR
- $120.00 per MBH of installed geothermal heating capacity; OR
- $120.00 per MBH of the buildings eligible base transmission and infiltration heating load.
How to Participate
YOU SELECT AN ACCREDITED INSTALLER & APPLY
Your installer must be an active member of the Manitoba Geothermal Energy Alliance. We recommend browsing the list and getting several quotes before choosing your installer. (Make sure to check references, too.) Once you’ve chosen an installer, they’ll help you fill out and submit an application.
We’ll issue you a written pre-approval and from there, you’ll have one full year to purchase and install your heating system. Don’t purchase any materials or start your project until you’ve received pre-approval.
YOU COMPLETE YOUR PROJECT
Once your ground source heat pump is installed and operating, you’ll submit your completion documents. When we receive and confirm your completion documents, we’ll send you your incentive.
You Qualify If
- Your building is commercial (not residential).
- Your ground source heat pump is replacing an existing heating system.
- Your building is heated for the entire heating season.
- Your supplier is registered with Efficiency Manitoba and accredited by the Manitoba Geothermal Energy Alliance.